Saturday, September 21, 2013

Traffic in Perth..I Love it!

I found my zen moment, not sure if you can say that but what I mean is I managed to beat the system by enjoying traffic...The secret: Audio books!

On the way to work, I get stuck in traffic. After the 2nd week, I have had enough! I had to do something. It was not like I could buy myself a chopper or a private jet anytime soon.
So I went to the local library and Voila! In 4 months, I managed to listen to:

Solar and On Chesil beach by Ian McEwan,
The night circus by Erin Morgenstern, (Brilliant performance and narration from Mr. Dale)
The sense of an ending by Julian Barnes ,
Unaccustomed earth by Jhumpa Lahiri and a few others...

Now I am enjoying Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie, beautiful masterpiece. You should try Half of a yellow sun which I read a few years back, absolutely mesmerizing.





I am not sure which I enjoy the most, the book itself or the narrators!
I bow to their magical performance and thank them for carrying me with them to the clouds of imagination where possibilities occur.
Not that I needed an excuse to be a dreamer in la-la- land!

Tomorrow morning, I am going to the library again to get 2 more audio books...Can't wait. It may sound silly to some but I am really really enjoying these books. I feel like a little kid in a candy store...

Next time you get stuck in traffic, find something you enjoy listening to, perhaps a comedy play.
Believe me, it is uplifting and cheerful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home